Thursday 4 October 2007

It's been HOW long?

I know. It's been a while since I updated the comic. Well let's not beat around the bush, it's been over two months.
So, reasons. Reasons...
Well let's see, I had a bit of turmoil in my life, I went on holiday with an ex, I was lazy and lastly, I developed something that if you stand across the street and squint, could be mistaken for a social life. Seriously.
I made some new friends and have been hanging out a lot. We've been to an organic food festival, a kite festival, a carnival, a skateboarding fun day, each other's houses for meals and dvd's and out on the razz. It's all very exciting. I also joined a gym, so even on nights where friends are off doing other things, I have something to do on my own which is cool.
It does mean however, that instead of staying in my room alone and drawing, I'm doing the exact opposite, which is great for me but not so great for the comic.
So, by the end of next week I aim to have a new strip up. That doesn't sound like much, but if I can get back into doing one a week I'll be happy. They do take a fair bit of time to do, but I figure I can break them down into drawing, inking, scanning & corrections and finally lettering and balloons. I don't have to do them all at once, so I can do one section per night(ish) and get one done in a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey lad, good to hear you've been out enjoying yerself! even rudimentary social lives is better than non at all.
Oh, & I'm a bit worried about squid lad - won't he dry out? does he go for a dip in the bath now & then? I'd hate to see him get all dessicated.
Send my besties to the Bristol massive! I'll be back in town again before too long...