Thursday 12 April 2007

Dietry requirements

Well, too long has passed since I posted again, but I wonder if that's such a big problem as currently my readership seems to extend to , uh... me.
Oh well. If you are reading this, say Hi in the comments and make my day.

So despite not solving the mystery of dark matter, what else have I been up to? Well spending a lot of time with my wonderful GF for one thing, which is always nice. recently we had a couple of trips out to Winchester and Bath, which reminds me, if you ever happen to find yourself in Bath, go have a meal at a place called De Muth's. My housemate took me there last week, (to thank me for driving out to Bath to give her her purse, which she had left at home, meaning she couldn't pay to get out of the car park. Normally this would just be an oversight, but she went to Bath to do some shopping! Heh.) and it was just amazing. It's a veggie restaurant, but don't let that put the non veggies of you off. They cater for all sorts of dietry requirements and it was the tastiest meal I've had in as long as I can remember.

Speaking of dietry requirements, I've been struggling off and on with stomach problems over the last 10 years or so and after my GF did some research, I think I may have IBS. I've just chalked it up to different things over the years, such as just eating too much, but I've decided to do something about it. For the last couple of weeks I've given up wheat and the last week I've also given up dairy, coffee, alcohol and chocolate. so far I have been a little better and have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow to see about getting tested.
I felt better after giving up wheat, so wondered if it was just an intolerance to that but then drank a few glasses of red wine and ate some dark chocolate, (no dairy,) and the next morning I had to lay curled up on the bed for a while I was in so much discomfort. Apparently chocolate and alcohol are two of the worst things to trigger an attack. Bah.

So now I have to watch my GF buy a bottle of red wine and then go home to a cup of tea with soya milk. Not so much fun.

No comments: